Why You Should Have a Routine During Quarantine
Right now facing a world health pandemic just about everything seems uncertain and most people’s daily routines have been thrown completely out of the usual. However, during chaos, consistency is key and creating an at home routine to pull you through the isolation period is the best way to stay healthy, productive and happy! Creating an at home routine can be as simple as starting your day with eating breakfast and getting dressed and ready like you would if you were leaving the house or implementing a time of the day that you set aside for exercise. Alternatively, if you love being busy or thrive off structure you could to utilise a routine by planning out your entire day.
Sticking to a routine can create a lot of benefits, here’s a few reasons why you should consider implementing a routine during your time at home:
- Creating a routine and structure can give you a sense of control over your life, during stressful uncertain times, feeling in control can help to combat feelings of stress or anxiety that you may have towards the situation.
- Sticking to a routine can lift your productivity levels and help you to achieve a sense of accomplishment by achieving more than you usually would – been wanting to spring clean the house? Why not utilise your extra time to get on top of that stagnant to do list!
- Sticking to a routine can help you to avoid ‘falling off the wagon’, whether that’s to do with your health, exercise, work load or studies. There’s nothing worse than undoing months of consistency and hard work, creating that routine will keep the wheels turning and you progressing instead of losing it completely.
- Creating a routine is a great excuse to implement consistent and more self care or ‘you time’ than you normally would have time for. Being stuck at home isn’t all bad, maybe you’ve been neglecting doing the things you love and looking after yourself due to lack of time or being too tired from work – now is the time to make your soul happy!
So now that you’re aware of you what great things a routine can do for you and how it can help you make the most of being stuck at home, here’s a few simple things that you can easily add to your daily routine that will have a positive impact on your health and mentality:
- The easiest and yummiest way to stay healthy – PICK A TIME TO HAVE YOUR DAILY DOSE OF LUMILA (e.g. have it as a mid-morning or mid-afternoon pick me up).
- Stick to your usual morning routine of having breakfast/ showering/ getting ready for the day.
- Write a to do list and plan out what you want to achieve in a day – creating little projects to accomplish can help with this.
- Set aside time to relax and do fun things (its so important to use this down time to actually rest up).
- Set aside particular times to exercise and move your body – whether its going for a walk, doing bodyweight exercises or stretching its so important to keep active for both your physical and mental health.