The Best Ways To Get Through A “Tired” Day
Whether it’s because you’re a parent with a child that won’t sleep, you suffer from insomnia or just had a bad sleep because there was too much on your mind, feeling in a tired slump can put you on struggle street for the day ahead. It’s so important to implement a good sleep routine and try and prioritise your rest, but unfortunately sometimes lack of sleep or feeling drained can be unavoidable. In that case, there’s a few little tricks that you can do to help get you through the day feeling better than expected while avoiding a sugary snack binge.
- It’s all in the mindset - there’s nothing wrong with admitting you’re tired but it’s important to tell yourself “yes I’m tired, but I’m going to pick my energy up and have a great and productive day!” By setting your mindset and intentions to still have a great day you will feel a shift in your energy levels too. Writing a to do list to give you something to strive towards and ticking things off as you go can help you feel accomplished and motivated.
- Drink lots of water - adequate water intake helps maintain our energy levels by keeping muscles energized. Dehydration manifests as fatigue or low energy, therefore staying hydrated can prevent this. For people who struggle to drink water, mixing it with a flavoured supplement such as Lumila can help make keeping hydrated delicious and enjoyable.
- Get your body moving - by moving your muscles your sending oxygen throughout your body to increase energy. Movement also produces endorphins (feel good hormones) to increase your mood, which helps to combat the feeling of tiredness. Whether it’s going for a walk, the gym or dancing in the kitchen to your favourite song, any kind of movement will do!
- Eat a nourishing breakfast to kickstart your day - by eating a breakfast containing protein, whole grains, fruits and vegetables you’ll fuel your body to give it energy for a great day. A great breakfast example is poached eggs on whole grain toast with spinach and avocado or rolled oats with seeds and nuts, topped with berries.
- Give yourself that little extra boost - Lumila contains B vitamins and electrolytes to help give you that natural energy boost for when you start to slump. Whether you have it mid morning or mid afternoon, it will be sure to stop those sugar cravings and get you through the day!
If you are experiencing sleep issues there’s a lot of great resources available online to help you out! Alternatively seeing a natural health practitioner such as a naturopath, nutritionist or acupuncturist can be a great natural approach. If problems persist talking to your GP is always recommended. 😴😴