How to beat bloating
Water will help flush waste out of your system and reduce water retention. 2-3L of water per day is recommended. Add lemon, cucumber and mint for extra benefits.
Step 2: EXERCISE
Physical activity and moving the body daily will help stimulate bowel movements therefore reducing bloating
Step 3: MEAL PLAN
We recommend fasting during the morning to allow your body to digest and relax. However to get that digestive system firing you should start your day with a big glass of warm water with a squeeze of lemon juice.
* To enhance digestion Have 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar in a small amount of water before each main meal to aid digestion and breakdown of foods*
Step 4: BEFORE BED
Sip on peppermint, chamomile or lemon & ginger teas, which will help to alleviate gas by relaxing the digestive tract therefore reducing bloating.
Other tips and tricks
- Take an Epsom salt bath
- Reduce/eliminate consumption of wheat, gluten and dairy
- Sip on peppermint, chamomile or ginger tea
- Eliminate all carbonated soft drinks
- Increase foods in potassium such as bananas, avocado, asparagus
- Incorporate deep breathing and relaxing yoga poses into your morning and nightly routine
- Start taking probiotics
- Try aim for 30-45 minutes of exercise producing a light sweat 5-6 times per week
- Eat slowly and ensure you are chewing each bite of food
- Get adequate sleep each night
- Rub your belly clockwise to speed up the movement of gas through your tummy
If you have implemented the above and are still suffering from constant bloating you should book into see your healthcare practitioner to get to the root cause of why this might be happening.