The idea of boosting your immune system is very enticing, however the immune system is precisely that — a system, not a single entity. To function well, it requires balance and harmony within the whole body. This means:
- reducing inflammation
- good gut health
- getting your diet right
- drinking lots of clean filtered water
- adequate sunshine and vitamin D
- aiming for 8 hours of sleep
One thing you can do to enhance your overall health and wellbeing and drastically boost your immune system is to take our multivitamin daily..
Adding Lumila to your daily routine can help to boost your overall health and will have a direct impact on helping to keep your immune system nice and strong.
Simply by having 1 sachet of Lumila per day will:
1. Promote you to drink more water. Add your sachet to a big 1L drink bottle - the more water we drink, the better our kidneys operate in flushing out any unwelcome toxins within the body – this means our immune system is not weakened by firefighting elsewhere in the body.
2. High dose of Vitamin C - this vitamin is essential for a strong and healthy immune system. It is a water soluble vitamin, which means we don’t store it in the body and therefore require a daily supply of it through our diet or supplement.
3. Along with Vitamin C, Zinc is also essential to strengthen your immune system & reduce the severity and longevity of colds and flu.
3. One of our specific probiotic - Bifidobacterium animalis ssp lactis maintains and supports healthy immune system functions therefore giving your immune system a boost while also inhibiting the growth of harmful gut bacteria.
4. Electrolytes and micro minerals play vital roles in our overall health, and cellular function. Electrolyte imbalance is known to cause a weakened immune system, blood pressure changes, fatigue and tiredness.
5. CoQ10 plays a significant role in boosting the immune system. Tissues and cells involved with immune function are highly energy-dependent and therefore require an adequate supply of CoQ10 for optimal function.
Along with Lumila, here are 8 other simple steps you can take to ensure your immune system is functioning at its best:
1. Start every morning with: 2 tbsp. grated fresh ginger, juice from 1 lemon and 1 tsp. manuka honey. If you want some spice, try adding a hit of cayenne pepper.
2. Stay hydrated – your body needs plenty of fluids to rehydrate dry skin and stay healthy.
3. Boost your vitamin c intake with supplements or with fresh foods like citrus fruits, kiwi, red capsicum, berries and broccoli.
4. Use warming spices in your food like ginger, turmeric, cumin and cinnamon.
5. Take warm Epsom salt baths with warm essential oils like ginger & eucalyptus.
6. Get those soups going - soups are an amazing way to create a warming and nutrient dense dish, which is also easy to digest. Turn on your slow cooker in the morning; throw in as many colorful vegetables as possible, plus your immune boosting herbs and spices, to create the perfect winters night meal.
7. Olive leaf extract – a rich source of zinc, iron and vitamin c.
8. Get some fresh air and sunshine – vitamin D and fresh air is important to strengthen our immune system. Try for 20 minutes of sunshine daily.
It is important to start adapting these habits before you start to get the sniffles. Use these tips as preventative medicine to avoid getting sick.